The Concord Recreation “In-Town” basketball program is broken down into divisions for boys, girls and coed ranging from Kindergarten through High School. The program is designed for the development and enjoyment of the children regardless of their individual skill level.
FOUR KEY OBJECTIVES
1. To foster an environment where the players can have fun and learn to be good sports
2. To help players learn something new each week
3. Develop their basketball skills over the course of the season
4. To encourage all players to do their best and play as a team, regardless skill level
1. Players must select only one night they cannot practice. We will make every effort to avoid that night.
2. Special requests must be entered at the time of registration. The Recreation Department realizes requests for reasons of transportation, child care, friends, etc., would be appreciated by parents. However, we cannot guarantee these special requests will be honored. We hope this is viewed as an opportunity to make new friends and connect with other families.
3. Siblings will be placed together unless otherwise noted.
4. Team placement is final following the team selection.
5. Participants must play in the Division designated for their grade.
Concord Recreation is looking for volunteer coaches for all divisions. Basketball experience is a plus but not necessary. Please note that all teams must have an adult head coach, who must be present at all practices and games.
High school students are still allowed to volunteer as assistant coaches. All accepted coaches will be required to attend a coaches training session and must be present the day of the tryout. We are encouraging fathers, mother, siblings, (etc.) that want to provide a positive experience for the players in the league to apply.